Congratulations for accepting your place in the Bachelor of Commerce. The Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics, Professor Paul Kofman, welcomes you to the Bachelor of Commerce and to the University of Melbourne.
Welcome to all new students
Orientation is the best way to get to know your student community and the wide range of services and programs available to you. The BCom Orientation was held on 27 - 31 July. If you missed these sessions or would like to re-watch video recordings, these can be viewed in Canvas.
Subject and Course Planning
- Find helpful Course Planning resources in the next tab. Download the BCom Planner for you to create your degree.
- Do you need clarification on your course rules or are unsure on choosing subjects? Watch short videos presented by fellow students by topic on Getting Started.
- Once you have identified the subjects necessary for meeting your degree requirements and academic goals, you can enrol into subjects via your Study Plan. Enrolling in a subject means you are officially admitted to study that subject. You can find further information on enrolling here.
- There's also a handy calendar to help you navigate through what you'll need to know in each week of your first semester.
BCom Enrichment Opportunities
Find out more about the enrichment opportunities available to Bachelor of Commerce students.
Connect with us on social
Once you’ve accepted your offer in the BCom, you can request to join the Faculty of Business and Economics’ Current Students Facebook Group. Simply enter your student ID and degree to gain access to the group. You’ll receive information on industry opportunities and what’s happening in the faculty, in student clubs and around campus.
Connect with the wider University community on social media to find groups and communities who share similar interests to you.
Have a question?
- ask.unimelb: Your first stop for answers to frequently asked questions.
- students.unimelb: For information on enrolment, administration and services.
- Contact Stop 1 via phone, live chat or email for assistance with administration, course planning, enrolment assistance, skills development and support services.