Congratulations to all students who have accepted their offer to study the Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Melbourne! The Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics would like to welcome you to your degree and to the University.
Follow the below steps to begin your journey in the Bachelor of Commerce
Explore the BCom Planner
The BCom Planner is a comprehensive course planning resource designed to assist you with planning your studies and deciding which subjects to enrol in.
Visit our BCom 'Getting Started' Page
Would you like clarification on the course rules, information on BCom subject disciplines, or to find out about enrichement opporunities available? Are you having trouble choosing your breadth or would you like to know what's exptced in a tutorial? the short videos on our 'Getting Started' page will provide you with an overview
Enrol in your Subjects
Once you have identified the subjects you will take to meet your course requirements and academic goals, you need to enrol into your subjects via your Study Plan. Enrolling in a subject means that you are officially admitted to study that subject. You must enrol into subjects in both semesters to maintain your enrolment in the BCom. Watch our short video below for information on how to access your Study Plan. You also find further information on enrolling here.
Register for our January Webinars
Faculty staff conducted a live Q&A on Tuesday 22 January and Wednesday 23 January. You can find links below to the slides that were projected during the Q&A, and a collated list of responses. Plus all of our other great course planning resources are still available!
Plan your Orientation
All commencing undergraduate students are expected to register for and attend BCom Orientation Day on Tuesday 26 February, where you will be officially welcomed to your BCom community by academics, professional staff and current students.
On BCom Orientation Day, you will:
- Meet the Dean and academic staff, and find out more about your first year of study
- Discover career, enrichment and academic support services designed exclusively for BCom students
- Meet your fellow students and discover the range of Clubs and Societies available over a free lunchtime event
Other University Orientation events include:
- Carnival Day: Official welcome carnival featuring giveaways, games, live entertainment and much more
- Host Program Campus Tours: Joining a campus tour is a great way to start your life at Uni! Meet new people and get acclimatised to the UniMelb campus, with plenty of chances to socialise with other new students from the Faculty of Business and Economics
- Clubs Days: Find your people with over 200 student clubs and societies to choose from!
Explore your University
Stop 1 is the face of student services online, on the phone, and in person. Services include administration, course planning, enrolment assistance, skills development and support services.
Academic Skills is a dedicated University department responsible for providing students with various forms of assistance to enable them to realise their full academic potential and achieve excellent.
Wondering where a Bachelor of Commerce may lead you around the world? Hear more about what opportunities you have for study and travel as part of your Bachelor of Commerce.