Compete in an overseas case competition and test your business skills against the world’s best.
The Faculty of Business and Economics attends some of the best International Case Competitions in the world. We have sent students to dozens of exciting destinations for almost two decades, and next year it could be you!
Due to the uncertainty imposed by COVID-19, we are not sure if physical participation in International Case Competitions will be possible in 2021. We are currently considering all options for online competitions in early 2021. More information will be provided prior to applications opening
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be a current BCom student; and
- have completed at least 75 credit points by the end of 2020; and
- have at least 25 credit points remaining in your degree (including Honours) in Semester 1, 2021.
How do I apply?
Online applications open on Monday 5 October 2020 and close at 11:59 pm on Sunday 18 October 2020. An application form will be posted in the Apply Now section on the day.
- All applications will be assessed by a panel of academics and International Case Competition alumni.
- Results of the selection round will be communicated via email by Tuesday 27 October 2020.
- Interviews will take place on Friday 30 October 2020. You must be available all day, as interview times will be randomly allocated.
You need only submit one application form to be considered for all competitions.
If successful, you will be placed in a team designed for one specific competition/destination according to your team's strengths.
To complete your application, you will need to provide the following:
- Your resume - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_resume.pdf
- A current photo (face) - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_photo.jpeg
- A statement of your results from my.unimelb - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_results.pdf
- A two to three minute video recording responding to the following questions:
- Why you would like to participate in the ICC program? (approx 30 seconds)
- What is the strongest technical skill you bring to ICC (e.g., financial analysis, strategy development) and why you believe this? (approx. 1 minute)
- What is the strongest soft skill you bring to ICC (e.g., public speaking, developing slide decks, team work, leadership, etc.) and why you believe this? (approx. 1 minute)
- If you’re successful in your ICC application, what is an area (this can be a technical or soft skill) that you feel you need further development in. (approx 30 seconds)
If you are shortlisted or selected to compete in an International Case Competition, you must be available for the interview day (Friday 30 October), orientation day (Saturday 28 November) and an intensive training program which will be delivered during the summer vacation period (dates to be confirmed).
Costs and payments
All accommodation for every competition is paid for by the Faculty of Business and Economics. Participating students also receive a bursary which covers the cost of flights and sundries. In 2021, this is subject to COVID-19 travel restrictions and availability of international competitions.
An information session video will be posted on this webpage once applications open.
Applications for ICC 2021 program open on Monday 5 October 2020. An application form will be posted here on the day.
Read about previous student experiences in the FBE Newsroom.
If you have any questions about ICC 2021 please send an email to email@example.com