A list of Commerce subjects available during the Summer and Winter intensive periods.
Intensive Subjects and Workload
Bachelor of Commerce students may enrol in a maximum of 25 points in the Summer Period and 25 points over the Winter Period. It is important to note that subjects offered during the Summer and Winter Periods are taught in an intensive mode, and will usually compress the equivalent of a semester's teaching into one or two weeks. As such, the workload is very heavy, and we normally recommend that students enrol into one subject only in intensive periods. it is also difficult to create a clash free timetable when enrolled in two subjects at the same time.
More information about intensive subjects - including instances when you might need to submit a request to overload - can be found at ask.unimelb.
2020 Subject list
Students wishing to undertake an intensive subject should consult the University Handbook to confirm the Census date and Last date to withdraw.
- ACCT10001 Accounting Reports and Analysis
- ACCT10002 Introductory Financial Accounting
- ACCT20002 Intermediate Financial Accounting
- ECON10003 Introductory Macroeconomics
- ECON20002 Intermediate Microeconomics
- ECON20003 Quantitative Methods 2
- FNCE10002 Principles of Finance
- FNCE20001 Business Finance
- FNCE30009 Ethics in Finance
- IBUS20007 International Business Experience
- MGMT20001 Organisational Behaviour
- MGMT20011 Business Negotiations
- MGMT30019 The Future of Work
- MKTG10001 Principles of Marketing