From 2020, the Centre no long supplies exemption lists for actuarial subjects. Students will be informed of their exemption marks by lecturers who teach relevant subjects. To determine your exemption eligibility, please read the exemption guide.
To apply for exemptions, please complete the following exemption recommendation letter and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to fill the exemption recommendation letter:
- Fill your personal information correctly.
- You may leave the ‘Actuaries Institute Member ID’ blank when submitting the recommendation letter. However, in order to receive exemptions from the Actuaries Institute of Australia, you need to be a member of the Institute first. Please apply for the membership before or at the same time you send us the recommendation letter. Please see the Institute’s website for how to become a member:
- Tick the subjects you are eligible for and would like to be exempted for.
- Sign the form.
- You do not need the signature from A/Professor Rui Zhou when submitting the recommendation letter. We will arrange the signature after processing your application.
What happens after you submit the exemption recommendation letter:
- We will review your transcript and exemption record.
- You will be notified on whether you are eligible for the subjects ticked in the form via email. If yes, your form will be signed by A/Prof Rui Zhou and sent to the Institute by us. If not, we will let you know why the recommendation letter cannot be signed. Additional documents may be requested.
- You will receive an email notification from the Institute on the exemptions granted.
- We will process your recommendation letter within four weeks of receiving the form.
- Please allow 2 weeks for the Institute to process your application and notify your application results.