What is SSNP?
The Scheme for Supporting FBE New Parents (SSNP) aims for:
- Improving the experience (e.g., health, wellbeing, work-life balance, career progression) of FBE staff who are new parents*
- Effectively attracting and retaining FBE staff
- Improving gender equality and increasing woman representation among academics
- Enhancing a culture of diversity and inclusion at work and beyond
SSNP supports FBE new parents under three pillar initiatives:
- Information hub that provides information relating to parental leave and beyond
- Work relief for FBE academics who are new parents
- Taken within one year of the birth if the new parent academic does not take parental leave or taken within one year after returning to work following parental leave.
* A new parent: inclusive of all forms of a new parenthood, e.g., a new parent of an adopted/fostered child, a birth child or a child born through a surrogacy arrangement.