The Centre for Asian Business and Economics was founded in 2014 as a part of the Faculty of Business and Economics strategy for enhancing the Faculty's presence in the Asia-Pacific region.
Our mission is to strengthen linkages with Asian universities, business and government, and enhance our presence in Asia to develop our capabilities in research relevant to Asia.
The Centre will bring together researchers in economics, accounting, finance, management, marketing and other related fields to develop broader perspectives in their study of Asian economies and business strategies/practices in Asia. The Centre will host forums, seminars and conferences on issues related to Asian business and economies and implement visitors' programs which aim to develop Asia related collaborative research and institutional linkages.
Key aims of the Centre:
- To be an intellectual hub in issues related to business and economics in Asia.
- To be a focal point in developing institutional linkages in Asia.
- To have a positive impact on business practices and the development of Asian economies.
- To signal FBE's strategic direction and its commitment to Asia.
- To become a centre of excellence on Asia-related issues in the Faculty and partnering institutions.
To achieve this, the Centre will focus on three key areas: a strong Research Program, a Visiting Fellow Program and a Study Program.
We will also be running a series of events aimed at fostering discussion around the topics of Asian business and develop strong ties between academic staff and multinational business leaders.
Keep up to date with upcoming events hosted by the
Centre of Asian Business and Economics.
For all enquiries about the Centre for Asian Business and Economics or to join our mailing list please get in touch with us:
+61 03 8344 8364
Level 10, 198 Berkeley Street, the Spot (Building 110)
The University of Melbourne, Victoria, 3010 Australia