WCLA staff are available for individual consultations to faculty and to teaching fellows.
We provide one-to-one support to academic staff in the form of feedback. Academics can approach the WCLA to co-develop a feedback framework that best suits their needs. This framework can include arrangements for WCLA to conduct peer observations of any aspect of their teaching as many times as needed.
Contact us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help you or contact a member of our staff directly.
Any topics related to teaching can be addressed and include:
- Subject design: We provide support for subject coordinators to create or redesign subjects based on sound pedagogy and research-supported practice. The support focuses on fostering a student-centred learning experience.
- Assessment: We can help you improve your current assessment practices with the objective to align assessments with learning outcomes and the teaching and learning activities that are experienced in the subject.
- Preparing to lecture: We can help you prepare and enhance your teaching specifically in the Faculty of Business and Economics at The University of Melbourne.
- Developing a teaching portfolio: We can help you document your teaching practices to allow you to evaluate and reflect on them.
- Video and Audio Recording Services:We can provide video and audio recording services to support your teaching.
Individual members of staff will be able to provide the following support:
- Alexandra Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org): Transferring tutorials to an online mode
- Angela Paladino (email@example.com): Assessment Redesign; Redesigning content delivery to accommodate concurrent online environments
- Angelito Calma (firstname.lastname@example.org): Redesigning content delivery to online; Assessment Redesign; Managing Virtual Teams
- Austin Chia (email@example.com): Tutorial conversion support; Assessment Re-Design
- Miriam Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org): Redesigning content delivery to online; Tools for online engagement
- Valerie Cotronei-Baird (email@example.com): Development of online activities to engage students in the face-to-face and online environment as well as across these environments; Assessment Redesign