Read the FAST guides to hone the skills that will kick-start your academic career.
The Future Academics Support and Training (FAST) program is a WCLA program devoted to doctoral students, early career academics and sessional staff in the Faculty.
The program consists of (1) targeted workshops, aimed to further improve presentation skills (teaching, conferences, seminars etc); (2) peer review, aimed at providing feedback following mock presentations or lectures (if any); and (3) peer mentoring, aimed at matching participants with experienced academics and providing faculty-specific support.
The workshops enable participants to develop a range of skills that will assist them to kick-start their academic careers. Click on the links below to discover our FAST guides and find out more about the ways in which you can develop these skills.
- Understanding the audience
- Asking and answering questions
- Presenting at a conference
- Engaging with the audience
- Presenting with confidence
- Presenting your research with impact
- Delivering your first lecture
- Combined (7 PDFs, 30 pages)
The FAST program is scheduled to run every 2nd year and will be on offer again in 2020.