Read the presentations prepared by the guest speakers for the WCLA 2018 Symposium.
On 2 October 2018, the WCLA hosted its 2018 Symposium titled "Rethinking Assessment and Academic Integrity in Business Education"
Please find below the presentations prepared by the guest speakers of this year's Symposium.
- Welcome - Professor Angela Paladino (WCLA)
- Rethinking assessment design: Learnings from Achievement Matters (Keynote Speaker: Professor Phil Hancock, UWA)
- Designing authentic assessments for academic integrity (Dr Angelito Calma, Dr Camille Dickson-Deane and Ms Miriam Edwards - WCLA)
- Enhancing the Academic Integrity of our Assessment (Herk Kailis & Robbie Russo - Cadmus Founders)
FBE’s Teaching Innovations:
- Economics Summer Math Intensive 2018 (Mr Daniel Tiong, Economics)
- Using online quizzes, polls and sharing tools to improve student engagement in Business Analysis and Decision Making Subjects (Dr Lusheng Shao - Management & Marketing)
- Young Alumni "Crucible" Video Case Studies (Dr Franz Wohlgezogen - Management & Marketing
- Closing Prerequisite Knowledge Gaps. What pre-existing knowledge are students bringing to QM2? (Dr Wasana Karunarathne, Dr Camille Dickson-Deane & Dr Valerie Cotronei-Baird)
- Engaging Students with Experiential Learning and Gamification (Prof Michael Davern & Mr Matt Dyki)
- Flipping Large Classroom (Dr Georgy Artemov)
- Applying a Threshold Concept Approach to the Design and Teaching of International HRM (Dr Jennifer Gao)