The WCLA will be hosting monthly Brown Bag Sessions (byo lunch) during 2021 targeted to WCLA Staff, Learning Associates, and Teaching Specialists (although all academics are welcome to attend). This is a great opportunity for you to engage in an informal presentation to discuss your research work in progress, and receive some constructive feedback from your peers. All sessions will be held via zoom. A zoom link will be sent to those who register.
If you are interested in presenting in a brown bag session, please contact email@example.com with the topic of your presentation and we will schedule a presentation for you.
Presentations in 2021:
- 25 March, 1:00pm. Optimal information structure in school choice. Sulagna Dasgupta, University of Chicago.
- 20 April, 12:30pm. Examining the online learning experiences of accounting students to inform post-Covid teaching practices. Sarah Yang Spencer (Acc) and Miriam Edwards (WCLA).
- 24 May, 1:00pm. How has covid-19 changed students' academic performance expectation? An investigation on Principle of Marketing students' subject experience. Kanika Meshram (M&M), Valerie Cotronei-Baird (WCLA), Angela Paladino (WCLA).
- 15 June, 12:00pm. Managing tutors and large subjects: challenges and lessons learnt. Nahid Khan (Eco).
- 18 June 12:30pm. From lectures to workshops during covid: lessons from teaching a business analysis subject. Buddhika Mannaperuma Mudiyanselage (M&M).
- 29 July, 3:00pm. Volunteer technology coaching at a retirement village: reflections on studying consumer learning processes through participant ethnography. Pao Franco, PhD Student (M&M).
- 10 August, 12:00pm. Exploring the tensions between HE skill assessment requirements, student learning and academic integrity in an online exam. Sarah Yang Spencer (Acc), Valerie Cotronei-Baird (WCLA).
- 14 October, 12:00pm. Students in investment manager's shoes. Minsoo Kim, PhD Student (Fin).
- 1 December, 12:00pm. Building scholarly teaching in higher education through peer review of teaching. Alexandra Johnston (WCLA).
Refer to the WCLA Events webpage for further details and registration link.