The WCLA will be hosting monthly Brown Bag Sessions (byo lunch) during 2020 targeted to WCLA Staff, Learning Associates, and Teaching Specialists (although all academics are welcome to attend). This is a great opportunity for you to engage in an informal presentation to discuss your research work in progress, and receive some constructive feedback from your peers. All sessions will be held via zoom. A zoom link will be sent to those who register.
If you are interested in presenting in a brown bag session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic of your presentation and we will schedule a presentation for you.
Presentations in 2020:
- Monday 24 February, 11:30am: Professional Development for Teaching Excellence. Wasana Karunarathne (Eco)
- Wednesday 25 March, 12:00pm: Reporting on the Needs of FBE Students with Disability: Findings from a Faculty-wide Investigation. Miriam Edwards (WCLA)
- Wednesday 29 April, 12:00pm: Improving Group Assessment Feedback. Matt Dyke (Acc) & Maggie Singorahardjo (Acc)
- Wednesday 24 June, 1:00pm: Gender Gap in Multiple Choice and Free Response questions: an empirical analysis using PISA data. Silvia Griselda, PhD Student in Economics.
- Wednesday 22 July, 12:00pm: GA simulation video in FNCE90062 Capstone in Finance: An innovative way to teach and assess students' discipline knowledge and employability skills. Zhen Shi (Fin) & Valerie Cotronei-Baird (WCLA)
- Wednesday 26 August, 12:00pm: Strengthening the Research Teaching Nexus for Master of Management (Finance) Students. Andrea Lu (Fin)
- Wednesday 28 October, 12:00pm: Critical Thinking in Business Education. Angelito Calma (WCLA) & Valerie Cotronei-Baird (WCLA)
- Wednesday 25 November, 12:00pm: Developing Teaching Capabilities in FBE Through Peer Review of Teaching. Alexandra Johnston (WCLA)