Teaching Excellence Award 2018
Late last week, the Commerce Students' Society (CSS) announced the winner of their inaugural student-nominated Teaching Excellence Award.
The students considered a number of criteria including (but not limited to):
- the provision of clear explanations of concepts,
- demonstration of links between research and practice,
- customised interactions based on students’ needs,
- presentation of clear expectations,
- good use of learning resources,
- response to feedback from students throughout the semester to improve the learning environment,
- engages students in learning activities, and importantly,
- demonstrates passion and interest in the subject,
- shows a genuine interest in students.
After sourcing student input and an extensive nomination process over a number of months, the students reported that the winner, by an overwhelming majority, was Professor David Harris (Department of Economics).
Congratulations to David on this inaugural award.