Moving Your Subject to Blended Delivery: Incorporating the Best of Face-to-face and Online Learning
Professional Development Workshop
Designing blended delivery strategies into your subject may appear to be a daunting and time-consuming task. Understanding where and how to begin can be challenging for academics with busy schedules. Given the rapid move to online delivery, many academics now have skills in developing online resources and in teaching online, in addition to conventional face-to-face settings. This workshop will provide some quick and easy tips to enhance your subject while drawing on face-to-face and online techniques. Ideas will range from strategies that can be immediately implemented, to those that can be planned for future offerings of your subject.
On completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Make connections between various models of blended learning and their teaching
- Identify opportunities for blending teaching within their subject(s)
- Apply a blended learning sequence to a topic within their subject
- Evaluate examples of blended learning strategies employed within business disciplines
- Apply new assessment strategies that are used in blended learning models
Register: Please register to attend via TrainME. Select "WCLA - Moving Your Subject to Blended Delivery: Incorporating the Best of Face-to-face and Online Learning" from the Course Catalogue. Please remember that signing up for a workshop is a two step process (1) Enrol into a course (workshop), and then (2) Sign up for a session. Please click the following link for information on How to Enrol and Sign Up for a Session.
Facilitator: Ms Miriam Edwards