Designing Rubrics for Business Education
Assessment & Feedback Masterclass Series
This event has now passed. To view upcoming events please visit the Workshop Calendar at https://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/wcla/workshop-calendar.
Rubrics offer many benefits for assessing student learning in business education. Assessment rubrics help to explicitly articulate the marking criteria and assessment standards while providing consistent student feedback. This two-hour workshop will introduce you to the steps for designing assessment rubrics that align with your subject’s objectives and with a chosen assessment task. Drawing on teaching and learning examples from academics across the Faculty of Business & Economics, you will be given the opportunity to work through the rubric development process to make assessment design, marking and feedback efficient and consistent. The workshop will also focus on how to convert these rubrics to e-rubrics using Grade Mark within TurnItIn and the LMS as well as the marking and feedback processes associated with the use of rubrics.
This workshop would suit those who have subject coordination responsibilities as well as those involved with marking student assessment and providing feedback. Please bring an assessment task for which you will design a rubric during the workshop.
- Discuss the relevance of aligning assessment tasks to subject learning objectives in business education
- Discuss the value of using rubrics to support and guide student learning in business education
- Compare and contrast different types of rubrics currently in use across the Faculty of Business & Economics
- Provide practical tips and templates that are useful for rubric development for your discipline
- Design and develop of rubrics for a chosen assessment in your subject
- Demonstrate the creation of e-rubrics in TurnItIn and LMS
- Explore how rubrics are used to facilitate marking and feedback