Canvas: Intensive (FBE)
Giblin Eunson Library, Ground Floor, FBE Building, 111 Barry Street, ParkvilleMap
Organiser Project Evolve, The University Of Melbourne
This two-hour hands-on intensive workshop is designed for the savvy system user and condenses key aspects of the Canvas: Getting Started and Canvas: Assessment and feedback workshops.
This workshop aims to provide participants with the skills needed to build a Canvas subject, and the confidence to create a range of assignments.
Intended learning outcomes
- Identify and interact with the interface of Canvas including global and subject navigation
- Create or edit pages, incorporating text, links, images
- Create modules and recognise their purpose and function
Assessment and Feedback
- Locate where to create and grade Canvas assignments
- Provide grades and feedback using a variety of methods
- Identify the Canvas Gradebook
- Canvas Instructor guides index
- How do I use the Dashboard as an Instructor?
- How do I add and modify text in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?
- How do I add a module?
- How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items?
- How do I add prerequisites to a module?
- How do I add requirements to a module?
- How do I add an announcement in a subject?
- How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor?
- How do I create an assignment?
- What assignment types can I create in a course?
- How do I use SpeedGrader?
- How do I use the Gradebook?
- How do I add a rubric to an assignment?
- How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as an instructor?
- How do I assign a graded discussion to everyone in a course?
- How do I assign an assignment to a course group?
- How do I use peer review assignments in a course?