Canvas: Getting Started (FBE)
Giblin Eunson Library, Ground Floor, FBE Building, 111 Barry Street, ParkvilleMap
Organiser Project Evolve, The University Of Melbourne
This 90-minute hands-on workshop introduces the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) and the basics of using and building content in a subject.
This workshop aims to provide participants with the skills to build a basic LMS subject presence, including the key elements considered essential under the LMS framework guidelines.
Topics covered in this session include:
- Basic navigation
- Home page
- Syllabus page
- Readings Online link
- Canvas subject template - based on the technology enhanced learning (TEL) framework
- The Canvas migration story - where to next?
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Identify and interact with the interface of Canvas including global navigation, dashboard and subject cards
- Create or edit pages, incorporating text, links, images and video
- Create modules and recognise their purpose and function
- Explore the following subject tools: Syllabus, Announcements and Readings Online.
- Canvas Instructor guides index
- How do I use the Dashboard as an Instructor?
- How do I add and modify text in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?
- How do I add a module?
- How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items?
- How do I add prerequisites to a module?
- How do I add requirements to a module?
- How do I add an announcement in a subject?
- How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor?