Canvas: Communication and collaboration (FBE)
Giblin Eunson Library, Ground Floor, FBE Building, 111 Barry Street, ParkvilleMap
Organiser Project Evolve, The University Of Melbourne
This 90-minute workshop will introduce participants to the skills needed to effectively utilise the communications and collaboration tools in Canvas.
The aim of this session is to introduce the fundamentals needed to effectively utilise the communications and collaboration tools in Canvas.
Topics covered in this session include:
- Announcements to Sections
- Conversations (inbox)
- Group Discussions
- Group Assignments.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Use a range of Canvas communication tools to communicate with students
- Manage the Calendar tool
- Describe the differences between 'Sections' and 'Groups' within Canvas
- Set-up group Assignments and Discussions.
- All Canvas guides for staff
- How do I assign an assignment to a subject (course) group?
- How do I use the Calendar as an instructor?
- How do I use Conversations as an instructor?
- How do I create a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I reply to a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I assign a graded discussion to everyone in a subject (course)?
- How do I allow students to edit and delete their own discussion posts in a subject (course)?
- How can I require students to reply to a subject (course) discussion before they see other replies?