Building Content for Blended Learning - Workshop 2
INTERNATIONAL VISITING SCHOLAR - DR. TAWNYA MEANS
Rm 2.001, Level 2 The Spot
Focus will be on building content for the blended classroom (faculty should bring a syllabus and materials for building one discrete module of a course)
- 9:00-10:00 Aligning learning objectives to learning activities
- 10:00-11:00 Technology for teaching and assessment hands-on exploration
- 11:00-12:00 Debrief and sharing of technology experiences, discussion on fit for blended teaching
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-2:30 Course design activity (planning for content, engagement, assessment, etc.)
- 2:30-4:30 Faculty share their module designs, get feedback, plan for next steps
- 4:30-5:00 Debrief and wrap up
Dr. Tawnya Means is the Assistant Dean and Director of the Teaching and Learning Center for the College of Business at the University of Nebraska. In this role, she provides vision, leadership, and management for a Center focused on serving the needs of students and faculty as it relates to teaching and learning. Her team develops and implements a comprehensive and effective learning support structure for students and creates faculty development programs and resources to assist faculty with instructional innovation and adoption of pedagogical best practices. In addition, her team supports the college Assurance of Learning process for maintenance of accreditation through AACSB. She is a professor of practice in the Management department, teaching courses in strategy, online leadership, and pedagogy for the college.
If you would like a one-on-one appointment with Tawnya Means, please email Sonia Puglielli on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 8344 3645.