Submission and Meeting Dates
The Faculty Human Ethics Committee will meet 11 times in 2019. Applications for ethics approval are to be submitted via Themis by the Faculty Human Ethics Advisory Group (FHEAG) Submission Date. ‘Minimal Risk’ applications are reviewed and approved at Faculty level, therefore applicants need only note the dates in the first two columns. Higher-risk ‘Standard Project’ applications require additional review by the University Human Ethics Sub-Committee (HESC), therefore applicants must note the relevant dates in all four columns.
|FHEAG* Submission Date||FHEAG Meeting||University HESC* Submission Date|| University HESC|
|7 January 2019||17 January 2019||30 January 2019||14 February 2019|
|11 February 2019||21 February 2019||6 March 2019||21 March 2019|
|11 March 2019||21 March 2019||1 April 2019||16 April 2019|
|15 April 2019||25 April 2019||1 May 2018||16 May 2018|
|13 May 2019||23 May 2019||5 June 2019||20 June 2018|
|10 June 2019||20 June 2019||3 July 2019||18 July 2019|
|8 July 2019||18 July 2019||31 July 2019||15 August 2019|
|12 August 2019||22 August 2019||4 September 2019||19 September 2019|
|9 September 2019||19 September 2019||2 October 2019||17 October 2019|
|14 October 2019||24 October 2019||6 November 2019||21 November 2018|
|4 November 2019||14 November 2019||27 November 2019||12 December 2019|
*Faculty Human Ethics Advisory Group
*University Human Ethics Sub-Committee
- Applications must be submitted via Themis by the applicable deadline.
- Applications should be submitted electronically via the Ethics module on your Themis workbench. All documents should be uploaded individually in PDF format. Each PDF document must be attached separately in Themis, with one additional attachment that includes all documents. To do this, you will need to print a copy of the application summary report and combine it with the Application Form, PLS, Consent Form, Interview and Survey Questions, Recruitment Flyers and any other supporting documentation (in that order) in PDF format and upload it as a separate document in Themis.
- Please ensure the uploaded application form is signed by the Responsible Researcher.
- Standard Project applications and Program applications are discussed at the Faculty meetings, however final approval is granted by the HREC at the meetings specified above.
- Data collection cannot commence until ethics approval is granted.
Please direct all enquiries to: