Submission and Meeting Dates
The Faculty Human Ethics Committee will meet 9 times in 2018. Applications for ethics approval should be submitted via Themis by the Faculty Submission Date (first column). ‘Minimal Risk’ applications are reviewed and approved at Faculty level, so applicants need only note the dates in the first two columns. Higher-risk ‘Standard Project’ applications required additional review at the central level, so applicants should note the relevant dates in all four columns.
| Submission Date to the|
FBE Research Development
|Faculty Human Ethics Advisory Group (FHEAG) Meeting Date||Melbourne Research -|
Ethics Office Deadline
| University HESC|
|14 February 2018||22 February 2018||28 February 2018||15 March 2018|
|14 March 2018||22 March 2018||4 April 2018||19 April 2018|
|18 April 2018||26 April 2018||2 May 2018||17 May 2018|
|23 May 2018||31 May 2018||6 June 2018||21 June 2018|
|18 July 2018||26 July 2018||1 August 2018||16 August 2018|
|22 August 2018||30 August 2018||5 September 2018||20 September 2018|
|19 September 2018||27 September 2018||3 October 2018||18 October 2018|
|17 October 2018||25 October 2018||31 October 2018||15 November 2018|
|14 November 2018||22 November 2018||28 November 2018||13 December 2018|
- Applications must be submitted via Themis by the applicable deadline.
- Each document must be attached in Themis in PDF format.
- Please ensure the uploaded application form is signed by the Responsible Researcher.
- Standard Project applications and Program applications are discussed at the Faculty meetings, however final approval is granted by the HREC at the meetings specified above.
- Data collection cannot commence until ethics approval is granted.
Please direct all enquiries to:
Kristie Matthews, Committee Secretary
FBE Research Development, Level 3, 45 Barry Street
Faculty of Business and Economics
The University of Melbourne AUSTRALIA 3010