Add value to your business and engage students from Australia's No. 1 University
Australia’s best students graduate with a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne. They bring powerful analytical capabilities derived from their studies. These students have research-driven strategic and operational responses to business challenges and opportunities.
Do you have a strategically important project that requires attention? You could have a student consulting team work intensively with you in your location over a two-week period.
Days after we received the deliverables from our student team we presented them to a major client who were very interested in pursuing a business relationship with us based on what they saw. This is extraordinary and a testament to how practical and commercial these deliverables were. We are looking forward to next year.
- Andrew McBean, Partner, Grant Thornton Thailand
Global Management Consulting students are of the highest calibre. They are selected for participation based on their academic performance, skills, work experience and motivation. Academic supervisors carefully consider the project requirements and allocate teams of four to an organisation. The teams are:
- multi-disciplinary and diverse in nature in order to provide the necessary background knowledge and skills for the assigned project
- in-company for ten business days. During this time they are supported by the academic supervisor and their organisation contact conducting research and analysis to address the organisation’s challenge/issue
- presenting their findings on the final day of the program and producing a professional consulting report (delivered 2-3 months after project completion)
The subject has been running successfully since 2010 in international business hubs such as Hong Kong, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, Singapore, Santiago de Chile, San Francisco, and Berlin. Student teams have worked for a range of high profile companies including Standard Chartered, DDB Advertising, Deloitte, Siemens, HP, NAB, Grant Thornton, QBE, Mondelez, Walt Disney, BNY Mellon, Coles Group, Bluescope Steel, KPMG, Meinhardt, Kraft, BHP, Jones Lang Lasalle, and GlaxoSmithKline.
- Access to additional human resources to address an issue or an idea that has strategic or significant operational implications
- Get traction on the ‘wish list’ projects that are often set aside
- Engage with a team of high achieving students that offer focus and commitment, as well as a fresh, energetic and analytical approach
- Specific projects completed at no cost
- Identify talented potential employees
Choosing the right project
We encourage organisations to create a project unique to the challenges they face. Some examples of previous successful projects are:
- Prioritising process improvements
- Insight into customers’ use of search and social media
- Reviewing international financial processing
- Assessing the viability of a new product
- Assessing the viability of entering a new market with an existing product
- Talent management and recruitment
- Creating client-facing materials for the organisation
- Conducting a feasibility analysis on business expansion
- In-sourcing versus out-sourcing
- Developing plans for attracting specific customer groups
- Development of a financial database management program
- Identification of a geographic growth plan