Melbourne is an international, multi-cultural city of five million people.
It has been consistently rated the most liveable city in the world since 2010 and has a renowned food, wine, and coffee culture.
Check out the official Visit Victoria website for the things you can do and see in Melbourne.
Things to See
- CBD: Iconic laneways, the Melbourne Museum, the NGV and other art galleries, the Victoria Markets.
- Parks and views: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, Eureka Skydeck, Fitzroy Gardens, Carlton Gardens.
- Neighbourhoods to wander through: Carlton, Fitzroy, Southbank, St Kilda.
- Wine regions to explore: Mornington and Yarra Valley.
- Adventures further out: Great Ocean Road, Philip Island, Brighton Beach.
Places to Eat
(in the CBD / near the conference venue)
- Cafe Tre Sette (on campus)
- Seven Seeds cafe (on campus)
- Stovetop (on campus)
- D.O.C. Pizza & Mozzarella Bar (Carlton / near campus)
- + 39 Pizzeria (CBD)
- Chin Chin (CBD)
- Cookie (CBD)
- CUMULUS INC. (CBD)
- Mamasita (CBD)
- MoVida (CBD)
- Pellegrini's Espresso Bar (CBD)
- Portello Rosso (CBD)
- Red Spice Road (CBD)