Faculty of Business and Economics
The Williams Centre for Learning Advancement
Vision and Mission
- The Centre will guide the Faculty through major pedagogical changes, including the incorporation of information technology in teaching and learning.
- The Centre will be the first point of call for teaching development needs for FBE staff and provided customised solutions as needed.
- We will support the implementation of the Melbourne and FBE Vision through the establishment of new staff development programs and support staff for teaching faculty.
- The Centre supports effective subject design and promotes evidence-based teaching methods for academics including sessional teaching staff, doctoral candidates and postdoctoral scholars.
- WCLA supports and promotes graduate attribute development through the provision of innovative professional development opportunities for academics across FBE to develop as teachers, mentors and leaders of professional development workshops.
- Guided by the University of Melbourne’s Growing Esteem and FBE’s Strategic Plan, the new centre consolidates teaching, tutoring, and technology-enabled learning programs offered across the University for FBE staff.