In some situations it may be possible for students currently enrolled in a program offered by Melbourne Business School to change to another of our programs - this is called an Internal Transfer.
MBS programs have enrolment quotas. Approval of Internal transfer applications is subject to the availability of places in a program.
Continuing students who wish to transfer must meet all the minimum entrance requirements of the program they wish to transfer to, and are advised to check the latest entry requirements on the faculty website.
Applicants may be eligible for an Internal Transfer if they have successfully completed at least one semester of study and have:
- More than one semester left to complete their degree
- Achieved the required weighted average mark for entry to that program
- Achieved the required GMAT or GRE results for entry to that program (if applicable)
- Completed undergraduate studies in a discipline required for entry to that program
Students may also be asked to submit a Statement of Intent with their transfer application.
- Transferring students will only receive credit for subjects that are required in the new program, or where those subjects can take the place of electives (subject to course rules).
- Transfer eligibility and Advanced Standing is assessed simultaneously by the Selection Panel. MBS cannot advise applicants on whether or not credit will be granted prior to the application outcome.
Master of Management programs:
- Students enrolled in a 150 point program who transfer to a 200 point program are required to complete Master of Management general elective subjects in place of foundation subjects.
- Students admitted to a 200 point program who successfully transfer into a 150 point program may not be eligible to receive credit for foundation subjects completed in the 200 point program.
- Only students who were eligible for the shorter program at the point of admission are able to transfer from a 200 point to a 150 point program.
All applications to transfer between programs must be made using this form.
- Semester 1, 2017 - 5pm Friday 16 December 2016
- Semester 2, 2017 - 5pm Friday 26 May 2017
Any Internal Transfer application received after these dates will be placed 'on hold' until the following semester.
Applicants are required to wait until after the final results release date before their application will be processed.