International Case Competitions
The Faculty of Business and Economics supports one the of the best International Case Competition programs in the world. We have sent students to dozens of exciting destinations over almost two decades, and this year it's your turn!
For the 2017 program, the first competition is very exciting for the Faculty as we will be hosting our first international case competition (AUBCC) right here in Melbourne in late November. Then we will be sending teams to Florida, Oslo and California in February and to Montreal in March.
Who can apply?
The program is open to all BCom students who will be in their 2nd year or above (including Honours) in 2017.
You must be available on Wednesday evenings and weekends for training between the end of November and the date of the competition that you are selected to go to.
How do I apply?
1. Applications are NOW CLOSED.
2. Watch the promotional videos below from last year to get a feel of what international case comps are all about.
3. If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com
4. Applications will close at 9am on Wednesday 21st September.
5. All applications will be assessed by a panel of academics and International Case Competition alumni.
6. Results of the selection round will be communicated via email by Wednesday 28th September.
7. Interviews will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday 4th October.
Applications open 12th Sep 2016 and close 21st Sep 2016.
Applications must be submitted no later than 9.00am on Wednesday 21st September. Please note that you need only submit one application form to be considered for all competitions. If successful in your application and interview, you will be placed in a team designed for one specific competition/destination according to your team's strengths.
To complete your application you will need to prepare in advance:
- Your resume - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_resume.pdf
- A current photo (face) - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_photo.jpeg
- A statement of your results from my.unimelb - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_results.pdf
- A response to the following statements (maximum 250 words each):
- Describe the personal attributes and skill set that you will bring to an international case competition team.
- Describe the personal attributes and skill sets you feel would be needed in your team to complement your own.
Note: If shortlisted, you must be available for the following period:-
- Interviews will be held in the afternoon of Tuesday 4th October 2016.
- If selected to compete at an International Case Competition, you are required to be available on Wednesdays (from 6pm), and during the day on Saturdays and Sundays from Saturday 26th November until the date of your competition (except the University holiday period; 24 December - 1 January).
Costs & Payments
All accommodation for the competition is paid for by the Faculty.
Participating students also receive a bursary which covers the cost of flights and sundries.
Interviews with ICC Alum:
We asked a few of our ICC alum from 2015 to answer the following questions:
- What is an International Case Competition?
- What training is involved?
- What makes a good team?
- What personal attributes did you bring to the team?
- What were the highlights of the program for you?
- What did you learn from the competitions?
- Do you have any advice for future participants?
Alumni Experience - Daniel
Alumni Experience - Jordanna
Alumni Experience - Rachel
Alumni Experience - Saurish
Alumni Experience - Sean
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this program please contact us.