International Case Competitions
The Faculty of Business and Economics attends some of the best International Case Competitions in the world. We have sent students to dozens of exciting destinations over almost two decades, and next year it could be you!
In 2017, our teams have competed in California, Florida, Oslo and Montreal and we have a team currently preparing to go to Bangkok. Read all about their experiences in the FBE Newsroom.
Destinations for 2018 include:
- Auckland, NZ: Champions Trophy Case Competition (28 January - 4 February)
- Oslo, Norway: BI International Case Competition (10 February - 16 February)
- California, USA: Marshall International Case Competition (21 February - 24 February)
- Montreal, Canada: McGill Management International Case Competition (11 March - 17 March)
Who can apply?
The program is open to all BCom students who will be in their 2nd year or above (including Honours) in 2018.
You MUST be available on Wednesday evenings and weekends for training between the end of November and the date of the competition that you are selected to go to.
How do I apply?
- Applications to be submitted online by midnight, Sunday 1 October. Apply now
- All applications will be assessed by a panel of academics and International Case Competition alumni
- Results of the selection round will be communicated via email in early October
- Interviews will take place on Wednesday 18 October
Please note that you need only submit one application form to be considered for all competitions. If successful in your application and interview, you will be placed in a team designed for one specific competition/destination according to your team's strengths.
To complete your application you will need to prepare in advance:
- Your resume - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_resume.pdf
- A cover letter - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_letter.pdf
- A current photo (face) - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_photo.jpeg
- A statement of your results from my.unimelb - the file name should be: FamilyName_FirstName_StudentID_results.pdf
- A response to the following statements (maximum 250 words each):
- Describe the personal attributes and skill set that you will bring to an international case competition team.
- Describe the personal attributes and skill sets you feel would be needed in your team to complement your own
- Information session - Monday 18 September, 12-1pm (Theatre 4, Level 2, FBE Building)
- Applications close - Midnight, Sunday 1 October
If shortlisted, you must be available for the following period:-
- Interview day - Wednesday 18 October
- If selected to compete at an International Case Competition, you are required to be available for an eight-week training program on Wednesdays (from 6pm), and during the day on Saturdays and Sundays over the summer vacation, commencing at the end of November (except the University holiday period; 24 December - 1 January)
Costs & Payments
All accommodation for every competition is paid for by the Faculty.
Participating students also receive a bursary which covers the cost of flights and sundries.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this program please contact us.