Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador Program aims to put senior student ambassadors in touch with commencing and early degree students through fun coffee catch-ups on campus in weeks 1 and 2 of Semester. By joining this program you will be able to make new friends and learn more about opportunities available to you as a student.
There are two ways to get involved: you can register to attend a coffee catch-up hosted by a student ambassador or if you are half-way through your degree, you can apply to become a Student Ambassador!
Registering for catch-ups
If you are a new Bachelor of Commerce or Melbourne Business School (does not include dual-Faculty and MBA programs) student, there is no better way to get to know the University and make new friends by booking yourself in to a free coffee catch-up with one of our brilliant Student Ambassadors!
Coffee catch-ups are one hour in duration and will be held on campus - coffees will be provided free of charge! The Semester 1 coffee catch-up schedule is as follows and registrations will open on Thursday, 9 February (watch this space for a registration link!).
- Tuesday, 28 February: 12.15pm - 1.15pm; 12.30 - 1.30pm; or 12.45 - 1.45pm
- Tuesday, 7 March: 12.15pm - 1.15pm; 12.30 - 1.30pm; or 12.45 - 1.45pm
Apply to become a Student Ambassador
Applications for the program is by invitation but we welcome expressions of interest from current MBS (does not include dual-Faculty and MBA programs) and Bachelor of Commerce students who meet the following criteria:
- Have completed at least 100 points of study as a BCom or MBS student
- Have been actively involved in the student community through Faculty programs and events, clubs and societies and the like
- Have a genuine interest in giving back - as a student ambassador you will be guiding new students through their first few weeks at University
- Are able to commit to facilitating two coffee catch-ups in the first two weeks of semester
- Don't mind helping out at key University events such as Orientation Day and recruitment events
- Don't mind taking part in marketing photoshoots
To express your interest in becoming a student ambassador, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you think you would make a great ambassador!
Applications open 20th Feb 2017 and close 20th Feb 2017.