International Business Experience (IBUS20007) provide's students with a broad overview of management and business in an international context. Students undertake a substantive learning experience with one of the Faculty’s overseas partner institutions.
The Faculty of Business and Economics works in partnership with specific universities globally to develop and deliver the subject content. The overseas experience is typically two to three weeks in duration. All assessment tasks are determined and graded by the University of Melbourne subject co-ordinator.
Partners who have previously participated in this subject include: National Chengchi University (Taiwan); Singapore Management University (Singapore); Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China); and Tsinghua University (China). International destinations differ by semester (summer/winter intensive only).
2018 Winter Study Tour - Delhi
- Two weeks as a student at Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi, one of the most prestigious schools of commerce in India
- This is an intense but rewarding overseas experience at partner institution of the Faculty of Business and Economics
- The opportunity to work intensively with a Faculty Academic Mentor
- Visits to industry and government agencies to supplement and contextualise the seminar program
- Excursions and cultural activities
- Free time to enjoy the delights of Delhi
- Assessment tasks to be completed include: a reflective essay, research report, and a group presentation
- IBUS20007 International Business Experience is worth 12.5 credit points
- Please note that an additional program fee applies to this subject. External and University funding may be available to support your participation.
- A large number of New Colombo Plan scholarships available at $3,000 (domestic undergraduate students only)
- All applications will be considered for New Colombo Plan Scholarships
- Melbourne Global Scholars Award scholarships also available
- IBUS20007 program fee (TBC): approx. $2,000 - $2,400 (non-refundable)
- Covers 14 nights bed and breakfast (twin-share accommodation), company visits, several meals, excursions and tours
- Airfares, some meals, and incidentals are not included in the IBUS20007 program fee
Eligibility and requirements
- Please note that this is a competitive entry subject with a limited number of places per delivery
- Students are selected based on
- their curriculum vitae, and
- a short statement that demonstrates their interest in undertaking this subject.
- Minimum weighted-average marks of 70%
- Students must have completed at least 100 B.Com credit points prior to departure
- Information sessions
KEY ACTIVITY DATE Information Session Tuesday 06 March 2018 Applications open Tuesday 06 March 2018 Information Session (repeat) Thursday 08 March 2018 Applications close Tuesday 20 March 2018 Offers from Tuesday 27 March 2018 Non-refundable deposit ($200) Thursday 5th April 2018 Compulsory briefing session Tuesday 10 April 2018 Compulsory Pre-departure seminar Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 June 2018 In country dates Saturday 07 July - Friday 20 July 2018 Accommodation paid from Saturday 07 July 2018 Latest arrival time Saturday 07 July 2018 evening First day of the program Sunday 08 July 2018 Last day of the program Thursday 19 July 2018 Departure Friday 20 July 2018
KEY ACTIVITY DATE Reflective Journal Due 3 August 2018 Group Research Essay Due 24 August 2018 Presentations W/C 10 September 2018 Interim Assessment Results due to Students
(reflective journal and group research essay)
3 September 2018
Applications for International Business Experience (IBUS20007) are open from Tuesday 06 March – Tuesday 20 March 2018 (midnight). Access the online form via the button below.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org