The FMAA First Year High Achiever Award
This award is sponsored by the Financial Management Association of Australia and aims to inspire, encourage and reward excellence in students from the Faculty of Business & Economics at the University of Melbourne. It presents a unique opportunity for a student to engage with industry and make positive steps towards preparing for their future career.
- $2,000 to contribute to your educational expenses.
- Professional mentoring with a representative from Macquarie Group, the FMAA's Gold and Founding Sponsor.
- Invitations to participate in FMAA leadership events for the recipient and other high performing applicants.
- Current enrolment in the first year of the Bachelor of Commerce Degree.
- A minimum WAM of 70% in their tertiary studies.
- Leadership experience ; or
- Participation in activities or organisations involving the Faculty of Business & Economics or the University of Melbourne; or
- Participation in activities or organisations to engage with industry and/or professional organisations.
- Submit a cover letter addressing the eligibility criteria, a resume and an academic record (available from the student portal).
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview.
Selection is based on:
- Current enrolment in the first year of the Bachelor of Commerce
- A minimum WAM of 70%
- Leadership experience (for example through clubs and societies or with groups external to the University).
- Participation in activities or organisations which demonstrate involvement in the life of the Faculty of Business & Economics or the University of Melbourne.
- Pro-actively pursued and participated in activities or organisations to engage with industry and/or professional organisations.
- Interview performance
Outcome of application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.
FBE Scholarships Team