The Dawn Wade Scholarship
Available through the generosity of the Dawn Wade Foundation. The Scholarships are available to assist high achieving students, who completed school in a rural or isolated area, in transitioning to living in Melbourne and tertiary study by providing residency costs at one of the University's prestigious colleges.
Number of places
1 place available in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Valued at a maximum of $22 000 per annum for the normal duration of the Bachelor of Commerce (three years) and is payable directly to International House.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Must have completed secondary school in a rural or isolated area
- Apply to the Bachelor of Commerce through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Candidates must be eligible to apply for the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) and provide evidence of residence in a rural or regional area
- Meet the criteria to be eligible under the Access Melbourne Scheme
- Have a strong academic ability
- Candidates are required to apply to the Bachelor of Commerce through VTAC, listing the Bachelor of Commerce as a preference, and satisfy all course prerequisites
- Candidates must also apply for a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC providing evidence of residence in a rural or regional area
- Students must apply online to International House
- Students must also apply online to the Faculty, providing additional information in order to assist International House to assess your application for accommodation
Please note: VTAC applications open Monday 7 August 2017 at 9:00am
Please note: VTAC timely course applications close Thursday 28 September 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: SEAS applications close Tuesday 10 October 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: ATAR and VCE results are released Friday 15 December 2017 at 7:00am
- Selection is based on academic merit and a SEAS application providing evidence of residence in rural or isolated areas, interview performance and information provided by VTAC at the time of selection.
- The Selection Committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
Outcome of application
- Successful applicants will be contacted in January and may be invited to attend an interview.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted
- The recipient must maintain their residency at International House to receive the scholarship.
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.
FBE Scholarships Team