The Dawn Wade Scholarship
Available through the generosity of the Dawn Wade Foundation. The Scholarships are available to assist high achieving students, who completed school in a rural or isolated area, in transitioning to living in Melbourne and tertiary study by providing residency costs at one of the University's prestigious colleges.
Number of places
1 place available in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Valued at a maximum of $22 000 per annum for the normal duration of the Bachelor of Commerce (three years) and is payable directly to International House.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Must have completed secondary school in a rural or isolated area
- Apply to the Bachelor of Commerce through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Candidates must be eligible to apply for the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) and provide evidence of residence in a rural or regional area
- Meet the criteria to be eligible under the Access Melbourne Scheme
- Have a strong academic ability
- Candidates are required to apply to the Bachelor of Commerce through VTAC, listing the Bachelor of Commerce as a preference, and satisfy all course prerequisites
- Candidates must also apply for a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC providing evidence of residence in a rural or regional area
- Students must apply online to International House
- Students must also apply online to the Faculty, providing additional information in order to assist International House to assess your application for accommodation
Please note: VTAC timely course applications close 29 September 2016 at 5:00pm
Please note: VTAC late course applications close 4 November 2016 at 5:00pm
Please note: SEAS applications close 4 October 2016 at 5:00pm
- Selection is based on academic merit and a SEAS application providing evidence of residence in rural or isolated areas, interview performance and information provided by VTAC at the time of selection.
- The Selection Committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
Outcome of application
- Successful applicants will be contacted in January and may be invited to attend an interview.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted
- The recipient must maintain their residency at International House to receive the scholarship.
No deferral is allowed.