The Priestley Family Access Scholarship
The Priestley Family Access Scholarship has been established to assist a student entering the Bachelor of Commerce under Special Entry Access scheme (SEAS) who has applied for residency at Ormond College.
The Scholarship purpose is to support a student, who is from a disadvantaged financial background and/or from an under-represented school or a rural/isolated area, while transitioning to living in Melbourne and tertiary study by providing $25,000 towards residency costs at the University's prestigious Ormond Colleges.
Valued at a maximum of $25,000 per annum for two years of the Bachelor of Commerce and is payable directly to Ormond College.
- Apply to commence the Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Melbourne in 2018 through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Apply for a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC to be eligible under one of the following Access Melbourne Schemes:
- disadvantaged financial background,
- under-represented schools
- rural/isolated areas,
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be accepted to Ormond College*
*The scholarship recipient must maintain full-time enrolment (three years) in the Bachelor of Commerce during their residency at Ormond College to receive the scholarship.
Please note: VTAC applications open Monday 7 August 2017 at 9:00am
Please note: VTAC timely course applications close Thursday 28 September 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: SEAS applications close Tuesday 10 October 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: ATAR and VCE results are released Friday 15 December 2017 at 7:00am
Candidates must apply to Ormond College
Automatic selection is based on a SEAS application and information provided by VTAC at the time of selection. The Course Selection Committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
*Ormond College may invite the successful candidate to attend an interview.
Outcome of application
- Successful applicants will be contacted in January.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.