The Margaret Abernethy Scholarship for Leadership in Community Engagement
This award was established by the Melbourne Foundation for Business & Economics in honour of Professor Margaret Abernethy, former Dean of the Faculty of Business & Economics. It aims to acknowledge, encourage and support high achieving students who demonstrate outstanding leadership skills in community engagement.
Number of places
2 places available each year.
Value of scholarship
The award is valued at $10,000.
- Currently enrolled full-time students who have completed the first year of the Bachelor of Commerce Degree.
- Demonstrated community engagement in Australia.
- Submit a cover letter addressing the eligibility criteria, a resume and an academic record (available from the student portal).
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview.
- Participation in activities or organisations which demonstrate involvement in community or volunteer work undertaken within Australia.
- Academic merit, interpersonal skills and leadership potential, and interview performance.
- The Scholarship will be awarded by the Faculty of Business & Economics on the recommendation of the Dean of the Faculty (or nominee).
Outcome of application
Applicants will be contacted via email.
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.
FBE Scholarships Team