The Professor Colin Ferguson KPMG Scholarship
The Professor Colin Ferguson KPMG Scholarship is established in conjunction with KPMG and in memory of Professor Colin Ferguson.
The scholarship is open to full-time students commencing their second year in the Bachelor of Commerce in Semester 1, 2017 who intend to major in Accounting, are from an Australian rural area and are able to demonstrate leadership, prior work experience and/or academic merit.
The scholarship is valued at $10,000 for the recipient's third year of study.
Number of places
1 place will be available in 2017.
- $10,000 AUD for the recipient's third year of study. Payable upon completion of the KPMG Vacation Program and confirmation of enrollment in Semester 1, 2018
- Participation in the KPMG Vacation Program over late November 2017 to mid-February 2018 (generally between 6-8 weeks)
- KPMG will determine which business group the recipient undertakes their vacation program in, but will take into account the recipient's preference
- The recipient will be paid at standard vacation program hourly rates
For more information about KPMG Vacation Program, please refer to http://www.kpmg.com/au/en/careers/graduates-students
The scholarship is open to students who:
- Are commencing their second year of the Bachelor of Commerce in Semester 1, 2017
- Intend to major in Accounting
- Are from an Australian rural area
- Can demonstrate one or a combination of the following:
- Leadership in the community and/or the workplace
- Prior work experience
- Academic merit
- Are available to undertake a KPMG's Summer Vacation Program late November 2017 to mid-February 2018 (between 6-8 weeks).
Students should submit an online application, including:
- A cover letter detailing their eligibility
- A current resume
- An academic record (available from the student portal)
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview in Semester 1, 2017
- The recipient will be selected based on the quality of their application and their performance in the interview
- The scholarship will be awarded by the Faculty of Business and Economics on the recommendation of the Dean (or their nominee), who holds the final decision in the matter.
Outcome of application
Applicants will be notified via email.
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.
FBE Scholarships Team