Douglas Family Scholarship
Available through the generosity of the Douglas Family. The Scholarship is available to assist high achieving students, who are in financial need, in transitioning to tertiary study.
Each scholarship will be awarded for up to three years at a time or the normal duration of an undergraduate commerce degree.
Value of scholarship
The scholarship is valued at the Net Annual Income of the Trust.
- Apply to commence the Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Melbourne in 2018 through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Submit an application for the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC
- Meet the criteria to be eligible under the Access Melbourne Scheme
- Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in rural or regional Victoria
- Have a strong academic ability
- Be in financial need
Please note: VTAC applications open Monday 7 August 2017 at 9:00am
Please note: VTAC timely course applications close Thursday 28 September 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: SEAS applications close Tuesday 10 October 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: ATAR and VCE results are released Friday 15 December 2017 at 7:00am
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically considered.
There is no separate application process.
- Selection is made based on information provided by VTAC at the time of selection. The Selection Committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
- Selection is based on academic merit and documented financial disadvantage.
Outcome of application
- Successful applicants will be contacted via email.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.