Douglas Family Scholarship
Available through the generosity of the Douglas Family. The Scholarship is available to assist high achieving students, who are in financial need, in transitioning to tertiary study.
Each scholarship will be awarded for up to three years at a time or the normal duration of an undergraduate commerce degree.
Value of scholarship
The scholarship is valued at the Net Annual Income of the Trust.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in rural or regional Victoria.
- Apply to the Bachelor of Commerce through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
- Meet the criteria to be eligible under the Access Melbourne Scheme.
- Have a strong academic ability.
- Be in financial need.
- Candidates are required to apply to the Bachelor of Commerce through VTAC, listing the Bachelor of Commerce as their first preference, and satisfy all course prerequisites.
- Candidates must also apply for a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically considered.
There is no separate application process.
Please note: VTAC applications open Monday 7 August 2017 at 9:00am
Please note: VTAC timely course applications close Thursday 28 September 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: SEAS applications close Tuesday 10 October 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: ATAR and VCE results are released Friday 15 December 2017 at 7:00am
- Selection is made based on information provided by VTAC at the time of selection. The Selection Committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
- Selection is based on academic merit and documented financial disadvantage.
Outcome of application
- Successful applicants will be contacted via email.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.
FBE Scholarships Team