Douglas Family Scholarship
Available through the generosity of the Douglas Family. The Scholarship is available to assist high achieving students, who are in financial need, in transitioning to tertiary study.
- Each scholarship will be awarded for up to three years at a time or the normal duration of an undergraduate commerce degree.
The scholarship will next be awarded in 2018.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident residing in rural or regional Victoria.
- Apply to the Bachelor of Commerce through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
- Meet the criteria to be eligible under the Access Melbourne Scheme.
- Have a strong academic ability.
- Be in financial need.
- Candidates are required to apply to the Bachelor of Commerce through VTAC, listing the Bachelor of Commerce as their first preference, and satisfy all course prerequisites.
- Candidates must also apply for a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically considered.
There is no separate application process.
Please note: VTAC applications open Monday 7 August 2017 at 9:00am
Please note: VTAC timely course applications close Thursday 28 September 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: SEAS applications close Tuesday 10 October 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: ATAR and VCE results are released Friday 15 December 2017 at 7:00am
- Selection is based on academic merit and documented financial disadvantage.
- Selection is made based on information provided by VTAC at the time of selection. The Selection Committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
Outcome of application
- Successful applicants will be contacted via email.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.
FBE Scholarships Team