Commerce at International House Scholarship
Available through the generosity of anonymous donors, the Commerce at International House Scholarship is available to students commencing the Bachelor of Commerce, who currently reside in rural or regional Victoria and who intend to live at International House in their first year.
Number of places
1 scholarship available each year.
The scholarship provides financial assistance for residency at International House for the first year of the Bachelor of Commerce and is valued at $20,000.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen from rural or regional Victoria
- Apply to the Bachelor of Commerce through the VTAC
- Candidates must also apply for a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC providing evidence of residence in a rural or regional area. Preference is given to students who have also indicated on their SEAS application that they have experienced financial disadvantage.
- Have completed the final two years of school in a rural or regional secondary school, if you are a school leaver.
- Applicants must apply to begin the Bachelor of Commerce at the Univeristy of Melbourne through VTAC.
- Candidates must also submit a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application providing evidence of residence in rural or regional Victoria.
- Students must apply online to International House.
- Students must also apply online to the Faculty, providing additional information in order to assist International House to assess your application for accommodation.
Please note: VTAC timely course applications close 29 September 2016 at 5:00pm
Please note: VTAC late course applications close 4 November 2016 at 5:00pm
Please note: SEAS applications close 4 October 2016 at 5:00pm
- Selection is based on academic merit, location of secondary school attended, the documented disadvantage associated with your SEAS application and information provided by VTAC at the time of selection.
- The selection committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
Outcome of application
The successful candidate will be contacted and may be invited to attend an interview at International House prior to accepting the award.
No deferral is allowed.