Commerce at International House Scholarship
Available through the generosity of anonymous donors, the Commerce at International House Scholarship is available to students commencing the Bachelor of Commerce, who currently reside in rural or regional Victoria and who intend to live at International House in their first year.
Number of places
1 scholarship available each year.
The scholarship provides financial assistance for residency at International House for the first year of the Bachelor of Commerce and is valued at $20,000.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Apply to commence the Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Melbourne in 2018 through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Submit a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application via VTAC providing evidence of residence in rural or regional Victoria
- Preference is given to students who have also indicated on their SEAS application that they have experienced financial disadvantage.
- Be an Australian citizen from rural or regional Victoria
- Have completed the final two years of school in a rural or regional secondary school, if you are a school leaver.
Please note: VTAC applications open Monday 7 August 2017 at 9:00am
Please note: VTAC timely course applications close Thursday 28 September 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: SEAS applications close Tuesday 10 October 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: ATAR and VCE results are released Friday 15 December 2017 at 7:00am
- Students must apply to International House.
- Students must also apply online to the Faculty, providing additional information in order to assist International House to assess your application for accommodation.
Selection is based on academic merit, location of secondary school attended, the documented disadvantage associated with your SEAS application and information provided by VTAC at the time of selection.
The selection committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
Applications open 17th Aug 2017 and close 10th Jan 2018.
Outcome of application
The successful candidate will be contacted and may be invited to attend an interview at International House prior to accepting the award.
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.