The Cbus Super Mavis Robertson Scholarship
The Cbus Super Mavis Robertson Scholarship was established by Cbus Super, one of Australia’s first industry superannuation funds, in memory of Mavis Robertson AM, superannuation industry pioneer and University of Melbourne alumnus.
She championed access for workers in high risk occupations to insurance cover through their superannuation, for death and impairment, and was also a mentor to employees across the industry fund network, particularly women. She was an integral part of many industry initiatives including as a founding member of the Conference of Major Super Funds, Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees, Women in Super, the Australia Council of Super Investors, and the Mother’s Day Classic.
The scholarship is open to Bachelor of Commerce students who are experiencing financial hardship, with a preference for female students.
Number of places
One scholarship available in 2017
Value of scholarship
The scholarship is valued at $20,000!
The successful recipient will receive $10,000 per annum for the second and third year of study. Paid in $5,000 instalments per semester, paid after government HECS Census date (May and October).
The successful recipient may be invited to undertake an internship with Cbus Super after the end of the second year of the Bachelor of Commerce, and to apply for a graduate role with Cbus Super on completion of their internship and/or the Bachelor of Commerce.
- Have successfully completed at least 100 points of the Bachelor of Commerce (at the time of application)
- Are enrolled or enrolling in the second year of the Bachelor of Commerce
- Are in financial need
- Have completed the University's online Student Financial Assessment Application
You must complete the University's online Student Financial Assessment Application in order to receive an overall 'disadvantage score' which will be provided to the Faculty.
Please note: Student Financial Assessment Applications must be submitted by 31 July 2017
Students should submit an online application to the Faculty including:
- A cover letter addressing the eligibility criteria
- Your academic record to prove you have completed 100 points of the Bachelor of Commerce (available from the Student Portal)
Selection is based on:
- Completion of 100 points of the Bachelor of Commerce;
- Student must be enrolled or enrolling in the second year of the Bachelor of Commerce;
- Can demonstrate financial need, with a preference for female students;
- Completion of the University's online Student Financial Assessment Application
- Students with the highest 'disadvantage score' will be shortlisted and asked to provide a brief written statement on the potential impact of the scholarship on their studies within a set deadline;
- Shortlisted applicants with be invited to attend an interview
The Selection Panel comprises of the Dean (or nominee), a Faculty representative and a Cbus representative.
Applications open 14th Jul 2017 and close 3rd Sep 2017.
Outcome of application
Unsuccessful applicants who have not been invited to an interview will not be contacted.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.