The Burnet Family Access Scholarship
The Burnet Family Access Scholarship was established thanks to the generosity of the Burnet Family, to assist a student who is in financial need in transitioning to tertiary study.
The Burnet Family Access Scholarship will provide a yearly allowance for the normal duration of the Bachelor of Commerce degree (up to 300 credit points).
Number of places
One scholarship available every three years. The next scholarship will be awarded in 2018.
Value of scholarship
The scholarship is valued at the Net Annual Income of the Trust.
The Burnet Family Access Scholarship will provide an annual allowance for the normal duration of the Bachelor of Commerce (up to 300 credit points).
- Apply to commence the Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Melbourne in 2018 through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Submit an application for the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC
- Meet the criteria to be eligible under the Access Melbourne Scheme
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a strong academic ability
Please note: Applicants who have applied for the First in the Family Scholarship will also be considered for this scholarship. If more than one student meets the eligibility guidelines the scholarship will be awarded on academic merit as demonstrated by ATAR score or equivalent and overall category SEAS rating as decided by VTAC.
Please note: VTAC applications open Monday 7 August 2017 at 9:00am
Please note: VTAC timely course applications close Thursday 28 September 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: SEAS applications close Tuesday 10 October 2017 at 5:00pm
Please note: ATAR and VCE results are released Friday 15 December 2017 at 7:00am
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically considered.
There is no separate application process.
- Selection is made based on information provided by VTAC at the time of selection. The Selection Committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
- Selection is based on academic merit and documented financial disadvantage.
Outcome of application
- Successful applicants will be contacted via email.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
No deferral is allowed.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.