Honours Accounting Students’ Society Alumni Scholarship
The Honours Accounting Students’ Society Alumni Scholarship was established by the Department of Accounting and the Honours Accounting Students’ Society (HASS), for female students undertaking Honours in accounting.
This scholarship, jointly sponsored by the Department of Accounting and the Honours Accounting Students’ Society (HASS), is intended to attract a wider pool of female applicants to the Accounting Honours degree.
Number of places
Value of scholarship
Value of the award is between $12,500 and $15,000 per annum.
One annual scholarship up to $15,000, payable in two instalments: May and October, after government HECS Census date.
Awarded annually to a female student enrolled in Accounting Honours program within the Faculty of Business and Economics.
A female student who is:
- Currently completing the final year of the Bachelor of Commerce
- Commencing the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in the Department of Accounting in the next academic year
- Will be undertaking ACCT40005 Honours Research Essay subject
The recipient will be selected based on:
- The quality of their written application
- Demonstrated interest in research
- Demonstrated community engagement and/or extracurricular activities
- Academic merit
- Interview Performance
Students should submit an online application, including:
- A cover letter and addressing the selection criteria
- A current resume
- An academic transcript (available from the student portal)
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview.
A selection panel made up of the Accounting Honours Co-ordinator, the Department Services Manager, an Alumnus/Alumna and HASS representative will decide upon the recipient.
- The recipient must have accepted a place in the Accounting Honours program before the first instalment is paid
- Tenure of the award is conditional upon satisfactory academic performance
Outcome of application
Successful applicants will be contacted by email
No deferral is allowed.
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.
FBE Scholarship Team