MBS Deputy Dean Awards
The Faculty of Business and Economics established the MBS Deputy Dean Awards for Academic Excellence and Community Leadership. The aim of the awards is to recognise high achieving graduate students who demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and strong community engagement, both within and outside the University.
Number of places
Up to three per semester
$5,000 per award paid as a lump sum, after government HECS Census date.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in one of the following Masters program at MBS:
- Master of Management suite of programs
- Master of International Business
- Master of Finance
- Master of Economics
- Master of Commerce (Management)
- Master of Commerce (Marketing)
- Master of Commerce (Actuarial Science)
- Master of Actuarial Science
- Have a minimum WAM of 80% in your MBS program
- Must be currently enrolled in the penultimate semester of your course at the time of the application (the penultimate semester is the semester before your final semester)
Students must submit an online application including:
- A cover letter outlining your outstanding leadership skills and strong community engagement, both within and outside the university (maximum 2 pages)
- A current resume
- Your Academic Record (available from the Student Portal)
- Submit a written proposal of an idea on what you could do to benefit the broader community, outside of the university
Current scholarship holders are eligible to apply.
MBS Deputy Dean Awards are awarded on the recommendation of the Selection Panel comprising: MBS Deputy Dean, one FBE senior academic, Manager of Student Employability and Enrichment, and supported by FBE Scholarships Manager.
Applications open 4th Sep 2017 and close 2nd Oct 2017.
Outcome of application
Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email.
Who is this for?
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.
FBE Scholarships Team