Commerce Opportunity Bursary
Available through the generosity of an alumnus donor, the Bursaries are available to Victorian residents who apply for entry into the Bachelor of Commerce to assist high achieving students who are in financial need, or are otherwise disadvantaged. It encompasses a program to foster the academic and personal development of the recipients, through the ongoing support of the Commerce Opportunity Network.
Each bursary will be awarded for up to three years at a time or the normal duration of an undergraduate commerce degree.
The Commerce Opportunity Bursary provides $15,000 per annum for the duration of the course (up to three years).
To be eligible applicants must:
- Apply to commence the Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Melbourne in 2018 through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Submit an application for the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) via VTAC
- Meet the criteria to be eligible under the Access Melbourne Scheme
- Be an Australian citizen residing in Victoria
- Have a strong academic ability
- Be in financial need or otherwise disadvantaged.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically considered.
There is no separate application process.
- Selection is based on academic merit and the documented disadvantage associated with one or more of the seven equity categories.
- Selection is made based on information provided by VTAC at the time of the selection. The Selection Committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
Outcome of application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by mid-December.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
No deferral is allowed.
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.