Commerce at International House Scholarship
Thanks to the generosity of anonymous donors, the Commerce at International House Scholarship is available to students commencing the Bachelor of Commerce, who currently reside in rural or regional Victoria and who intend to live at International House in their first year of study.
Number of places
1 scholarship available each year.
The scholarship provides financial assistance for residency at International House for the first year of the Bachelor of Commerce and is valued at $20,000.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Apply to commence the Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Melbourne in 2018 through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Submit a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application via VTAC providing evidence of residence in rural or regional Victoria
- Preference is given to students who have also indicated on their SEAS application that they have experienced financial disadvantage.
- Be an Australian citizen from rural or regional Victoria
- Have completed the final two years of school in a rural or regional secondary school, if you are a school leaver.
- Students must apply online to the Faculty, providing additional information in order to assist International House to assess your application for accommodation.
Selection is based on academic merit, location of secondary school attended, the documented disadvantage associated with your SEAS application and information provided by VTAC at the time of selection.
The selection committee will not have access to change of course preference information.
Outcome of application
The successful candidate will be contacted and may be invited to attend an interview at International House prior to accepting the award.
No deferral is allowed.
If you have any further questions about this scholarship please contact us.