Partnering with the University of Melbourne has given ShineWing access to China’s elite overseas students studying Business and Economics at Australia’s No. 1 ranked University. Matthew Schofield, Partner, Assurance & Advisory Services, ShineWing Australia
Read here about the internship experience of our students with ShineWing.
How do I find a great intern? Easy, talk to us.
Everyday we are partnering with employers to help them recruit interns from our talent bank of students.
Our students study finance, marketing, management, accounting, economics and actuarial studies. Act now and secure students that have demonstrated the following:
- Leadership & Teamwork: Leaders who thrive in a team environment
- Critical thinking: Critical thinkers who love solving challenging problems and reflect on all angles
- Communication: Great communicators, in person and in writing
Bachelor of Commerce students, Yan Liu and Emma Swannie recently completed internships over summer, the latter in Melbourne, and Liu in Shanghai. They share what it was like to get a taste of the working world.
Anne Lao, Master of Management (Accounting) student, has returned from a Summer internship at EY in Singapore, clearer than ever before about pursuing auditing as a career. She shares her Southeast Asian experience here.
The Faculty of Business and Economics can help organisations develop and facilitate paid internships for students.
Internship opportunities, varying in duration, are promoted through an online job portal, student communications and via our student affiliated clubs. We are able to facilitate opportunities for employers to engage and interact with relevant student cohorts through information sessions on and off campus. These information sessions are a great way to build company and brand recognition and engage with tomorrow's leaders.
We recently hired two interns through Melbourne University’s Student Employability and Enrichment team. The recruitment process couldn’t have been easier thanks to the hard work of Tracey and her team and we were blown away by the high calibre of all the students we interviewed. Our two new interns are already making a big difference in helping us manage our workflow more effectively. I would highly recommend engaging the Employability and Enrichment team to help you find the right people for your business!
- Amanda Aitken, Director, Actuarial Edge
Benefits to employers
- New ideas, insights and fresh perspectives
- No recruitment costs
- Affordable talent
- Interns can undertake special projects and ease staffing issues created by staff absences such as long service leave or maternity leave
- A dedicated resource
- Recruitment pathway. Internships provide a preview of a student without the long-term commitment of an employee. A successful internship student can become an employee who grows with the organisation
- Creating this talent pipeline reduces recruitment costs and risk associated with
hiring unknown candidates
- Gaining strong brand advocates. Your intern will talk about their experience with
peers, friends and family members
- Internship students can filter into Graduate Programs
- Leadership and engagement. Through the mentoring of an intern, staff develop their ability to lead and supervise
- Increased productivity for you and your team
Student Employability and Enrichment
T: (+61 3) 9035 6707
T: (+61 3) 8344 7936